Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



Couldn't miss this occasion? Could I? :-)
Now although Valentine's Day is not established in the Romanian tradition, as we celebrate love on the 24th of February due to our dear Dragobete (drag=dear, Draga Silvia= Dear Silvia :-)) I must admit more and more young people and adults start celebrating it, mainly cause it's dedicated to the nicest feeling in the world: LOVE.

And as I am a person who usually doesn't like to miss any occasion of celebrating, having fun, showing her feelings, spreading love and making gifts, you can imagine that I also really like this day :-) Supposing that you have something better to do today than reading my blog (today you are excused :-)) I'll be short and just share some lyrics with you (a proof that Valentine'day has pretty strong roots):

To-morrow is Saint Valentine's day,
All in the morning betime,
And I a maid at your window,
To be your Valentine.
Then up he rose, and donn'd his clothes,
And dupp'd the chamber-door;
Let in the maid, that out a maid
Never departed more.
(William Shakespeare, Hamlet, Act IV, Scene 5)

Happy Valentine's day, dear Happymakers!
Love your happymakee and be loved!

No comments: