Some interesting facts about shoes:
- In Europe in the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries heels on shoes were always colored red.
- Shoes all over the world were identical until the nineteenth century, when left- and right-footed shoes were first made in Philadelphia.
- In Europe it wasn't until the eighteenth century that women's shoes were different from men's.
- In the Middle Ages a father passed his authority over his daughter to her husband in a shoe ceremony :-) At the wedding, the groom handed the bride a shoe, which she put on to show she was then his subject.
- Today in the U.S. shoes are tied to the bumper of the bridal couple's car. This is a reminder of the days when a father gave the groom one of his daughter's shoes as a symbol of a changing caretaker.
something for the boys: the new Opel Agila shoes ;-)